The allure of spending time outside and basking in the sun may be causing you to lose more hydration than you should as summer approaches. Dehydration is a widespread problem that affects around 75% of people in the United States at some time during their day, regardless of whether they engage in activities such as running, swimming, or gardening.
Even if we know how important it is, consuming the required 8–10 glasses of water daily can still feel like a significant challenge. However, it is important to understand why maintaining sufficient hydration for your body is essential and the various means through which this can be accomplished.
You can stay hydrated with the help of Liquid IV, which consists of an easily accessible hydration package that is mixed with water. Let’s take a more in-depth look at Liquid IV, mainly focusing on its operation, whether or not it lives up to the hype, and how it fares to other products now available on the market.
What exactly is a liquid IV, and what are its advantages?
The product known as Liquid IV asserts that it will hydrate you more quickly (in comparison to simply drinking water) by utilizing minerals and vitamins to facilitate the movement of fluid all through the body in the most efficient manner possible.
To be more specific, Liquid IV utilizes a process that the brand refers to as Cellular Transport Technology (CTT). According to the company, CTT can rapidly deliver essential nutrients into the bloodstream. The CTT has sodium, glucose, and potassium in it, all of which contribute to the process of transporting nutrients into the blood. The process goes as follows:
- When paired with sugar, sodium can increase the rate at which the body absorbs water and other solutes into its bloodstream.
- Glucose is not employed for its flavor but rather for its function. When glucose and salt are coupled, they increase the rate at which water and solute are absorbed into the bloodstream.
- Potassium is an element that plays a role in regulating fluid balance while also in the transportation of nutrients throughout the bloodstream.
Advantages of Liquid IV
- Easy to use in all situations. Just add water and mix thoroughly.
- The packets have a higher concentration of vital vitamins, nutrients, and electrolytes than the majority of other types of sports beverages.
- It is a wonderful choice for intensive workouts, which can cause the body to become dehydrated and depleted of electrolytes.
Cons of Liquid IV:
- It’s more costly than just plain water. The price drops for larger bundles, but depending on your financial situation, it’s possible that buying in bulk won’t be an option for you.
- It should be noted that not everyone like the flavor of Liquid IV. According to the feedback of sure customers, the offered taste options are not to their liking.
- A lot of people are curious about whether or not Liquid IV contains caffeine. Because the Energy Multiplier contains around 100 mg of caffeine, the energy version of Liquid IV is probably not the best choice for people who are sensitive to the effects of caffeine.
Who Should Use Liquid IV?
Currently, there are no studies or concerns regarding restricting particular populations or individuals. Just keep in mind that before utilizing the entire packet of an ingredient, you should conduct a patch test to see whether or not you have an allergic reaction to it.
When making a purchase, you should ensure that you have no known allergies to any of the components listed on the label. In addition, you should consult with your health care professional before putting any new products into your body.
Is It Worth It to Get a Liquid IV?
Getting a liquid intravenous (IV) infusion if you aren’t adequately hydrated is a wonderful strategy to enhance your body, especially when you’re sick or dehydrated. However, although Liquid IV is beneficial, you should not use it in place of your regular water consumption.
Considerations to Make Prior to Making a Purchase of Liquid IV
Before using any Liquid IV variant, you should ensure that you are not allergic to any of the individual components. For instance, the Mayo Clinic reports that not everyone has a favorable reaction to melatonin, which is one of the ingredients in the Liquid IV Sleep Booster. Although it is a natural relaxant, it is possible that not everyone might benefit from using it. If you want to be sure that your body responds well to Liquid IV before going all in and buying a huge batch of it, you should first test out one of the hydrating sticks.
Ingredients of Liquid IV
Since there are a variety of flavors and purposes for the many types of liquid intravenous solutions, each one will have a unique assortment of components.
For those with dietary preferences or limits, it is essential to note that Liquid IV does not contain gluten, non-GMO ingredients, soy, or dairy products.
There is a function served by each variety of liquid intravenous product’s individual components. For example, the Sleep Multiplier contains valerian root, melatonin, and L-theanine, all recognized as effective natural sleep aids.
The Hydration Multiplier + Immune Boost contains the same components as the Hydration Multiplier, in addition to some immune-supporting vitamins and minerals such as zinc, vitamin C, and wellmune. Matcha, ginger, and guayusa are all components of the Energy Multiplier.
Nutritional Data of Liquid IV
Potassium, Vitamin C, and many other essential nutrients are some of the beneficial substances that may be found in a single bottle of Liquid IV. Even though the contents of each packet are slightly different, you can count on there being very few calories and no fat.
Each package should have its carbohydrate, sugar, and salt content checked. Remember that each box has 500 milligrams of sodium, equal to 22% of the daily value. It would be best if you discussed your dietary needs and limits with your healthcare professional to determine whether or not the components of the product are suitable for you.
Liquid IV therapy is now available at The Spa MD. Feeding your body and brain with nutrition can help you remain healthy and robust while rehydrating your body.